The objectives of a Surveillance audit are:
- Gain confidence that the certified management system remains effective and has continued to fulfil requirements between recertification audits;
- Confirm that effective internal audits and management review has been performed to programme;
- Evaluate the actions taken to address nonconformities identified during the previous audit;
- Evaluate the treatment of complaints;
- Confirm that the certificated client is correctly publicising their certificated status (use of AC logo)
Typically a surveillance audit is carried out on site and is reported using the surveillance report.